Setting up an email account is a matter of filling up a form from one of the many providers on the internet. It only takes a couple of minutes to create an email address, save for the few instances of having to rethink your chosen name. Of course, there is a massive difference in creating a personal address and a business one. While many businesses still use the run of the mill Hotmail, Gmail, or Yahoo account, it, unfortunately, is not instantly associated with a professional profile.
A business email address is one that expressly uses the business domain name, for example, email@example.com. All businesses should create an email address that would exude professionalism, instill customer confidence, and by extension, hopefully, boost patron loyalty. Studies have also shown that customers tend to take businesses more seriously when cohesive branding is in place; this, of course, includes a business address and employee addresses that maintain the same domain name.
Another benefit of a professional sounding email is the brand awareness it creates. Think of it as your mini advert. Since the brand’s name is on full display, every single time a person looks up your email or sends you one, he or she will inadvertently have a brand name recall. Last but not least, a pro email with the business domain conveys reliability and integrity, which results in consumers wanting to do business with you repeatedly. Now that you know what benefits you can reap from a professional email address, here is how to go about creating one.
There are minimal options for free business emails. The majority of professional business email addresses come at a cost. Thankfully there are some attractive, cost-effective options still available, especially for those who are still testing the waters.
Method 1 – Setup a Professional Email with Bluehost
Free is always an excellent option to have. Why spend when you can get something of top quality at no cost? Operating under the premise that a business even a small one is working on building their website then, an email address is, in essence, a freebie of web hosting packages.
For instance, a large number of WordPress hosting companies offer users business-related features as part of the subscription plan. And of course, this includes email addresses. A standard domain name typically costs $15 annually, and site hosting is roughly at $7.99 per month. Now, if you were to add a paid email service, this could set you back for another $5 per email account. But, for as little as $2.95 for a monthly plan, Bluehost offers users with web hosting services, a custom domain name, and a custom email address.
- Select a Blue host plan that suits your budget and needs.
- Follow the prompts; this would include providing some business info, personal contact data, and domain name registration. Once completed, you should be able to see your dashboard.
- Under your hosting account dashboard, select the “Email” tab, followed by the “Add Email Account” option.
- Now enter a chosen username and password to access your email account individually.
- Click on the “Create Account” button.
- Tadaa! Your business email address is done!
Method 2 – Get a Zoho Plan
Website owners who, on the other hand, already have a domain set up, can opt to create a Zoho account. This tool offers pro email hosting at such unbeatable rates. Plans start at $1 with the highest plan at $3 monthly. If you sign up for the lowest plan, you get email hosting for multiple domains, a fully functioning business calendar, calendar syncing, and widget, mobile app, and so much more. You even get to try the service free of charge for 15 days! The steps for creating an account is no different from your favorite email providers. Just fill out the necessary info and include a business name, and you are all set. It’s as easy as that.
Method 3 – Taking Advantage of G Suite
With G Suite’s most basic plan, each user pays $5 a month for all-access services they provide. What you get when you subscribe is 30GB worth of cloud storage for every user, along with audio/video conferencing, Gmail, Gmail Docs, Calendar, and Drive access. A domain name can also be procured during signup, but if you already have one, then no sweat, you can still use the existing one and pair it with the email hosting services offered by G Suite.
- To get started, head over to the G Suite site by clicking this link.
- Next, select which plan you wish to avail of by selecting the “Get Started” button.
- You will then be asked to input some business info. This includes your business name, the country where you are located, and the number of employees.
- When asked how many accounts to set up, you can either choose “Just You” to indicate yourself, or if you want to include your employees, this is possible too.
- Press the “Next” button to continue to the next page.
- You will then be asked to indicate your contact info. Please fill out all the necessary fields.
- The next prompt will ask you to select a domain name. If this already exists, you may choose, “Yes, I have one I can use.” Otherwise, select “No” and proceed to register a domain name. Please note that selecting “Yes” involves separate charges for the domain name registration. The “No” option will require verification of the domain name in question.
- Once the portion with the domain name is accomplished, you will then be asked to enter a username and password. It is essential to know that the username will also be your business email address.
- Congratulations, your G Suite professional email is created! You may now proceed to set it up even further. Follow the following prompts to create your custom header, footer, away from emails, etc.
Professional emails are a must-have for any company, business, or brand. Any legitimate business these days have a well-made site that’s up and running along with contact information that is accurate, easy to remember, and is professionally done. Not only will a custom email address project the brand’s image it will also carry with it the professionalism of any company name.