The best feeling is having a clean website, especially when you started on a clean slate when installing WordPress. Many times, content creators may find themselves busy trying to create better works while fine-tuning the same with the SEO. In the process, you might end up making a mistake of cluttering your website making it hard to locate things.
This mismanagement may happen during installation or as a result of old blogs, slow page, many categories, or backups that take forever. If your WordPress falls in either of these categories, it is the high time that you embrace serious clean –up to make the page impressive.
There are many reasons why you need an organized website. Here are some of them;
- A reduced bounce rate of pages
- It enables readers to explore more as the content is easy to navigate around
- Your website looks more professional, thus commanding create some authority among the users
- Keeps your blog user-friendly thus enabling people to read through with ease
Ways to keep your WordPress organized
- Use tags and categories in a creative way
One of the best ways to organize your website is to have an in-built categories and tags system. With these tools, you can arrange your content in a logical manner thus making it easier for all the visitors. While categories are more of grouping tools, tags are mostly used as a post index or the overall category.
For one to make use of the best categories and tags, ensure that;
- You use descriptive words- the more you use, the higher the likelihood of being found by readers looking for such content.
- Limit your blog post to at least one category- this is mostly to avoid the confusion that comes with handling many things at a good.
- Use as many tags as possible- this is to ensure that search engines find you very fast thus driving more masses towards your website.
- Create a clear and user-friendly menu
The more it looks easier to access your site, the more visitors you are likely to attract. We all love more straightforward methods of doing things, especially something that involves the internet. The moment you create a website that seems sophisticated in terms of following instructions, many people will opt out to look for a page they are familiar with.
If a reader spends little time trying to figure out how a site works, they will enjoy their stay there. The best way to create a better menu is by using obvious names such as contacts and home. In addition to this, ensure that you remain consistent in your model to avoid surprises when going through different pages.
- Update regularly
Updates are quite vital as they ensure the functionality of pages, fixation of bugs, besides adding new features. For better performance, ensure that you stay on the lookout in case of any new versions of plugins and themes. These should be updated regularly for the sake of delivering services to your customers.
- Check your security details
No matter how good your website looks, remember that hackers will always try to hack it. Ensure that you use a strong password or even a password management software for stronger security purposes.
- Ensure uniformity
No matter how fancy you want your site to look, keep in mind that keeping it too colorful can be a turn off for many people. Keep your fonts uniformed not unless you are highlighting a specific area. Use of different font sizes, colors, and styles is quite unprofessional and a distraction.
Your website is the best platform when it comes to creating strongholds for e-commerce and personal blogs as it comes with very minimal technicalities. For a better view, one needs to work on different things as discussed above. For more professional help in organizing your WordPress website, especially for backup solutions, check out ottomatik.io.