Learning how to delete headers in google docs is necessary if you want to make these changes in a certain document.
May it be that you received a document from someone else or if you are using an existing document to make something new, there might be information written and placed in the header which is no longer relevant to you or to the document you are writing or editing. Such information might need updating.
Fortunately, it is fairly easy and simple to delete a header in Google Docs. The steps are similar to how you delete any kind of information or part in the body of your document.
Note that once you delete or change the header of a page, the headers of other pages in the document will also be updated with the changes you have made, displaying the new layout of the header or no header layout at all.
How to Delete a Header in Google Docs in a Computer
Follow this step-by-step guide on how to delete the header of a document in Google Docs entirely.
- Open the document file in your Google Drive you wish to delete the header of.
- At the opened document in Google Docs, click on the header section.
- Type in “Ctrl + A” on your PC or “Command + A” on your Mac. This will highlight everything placed on the header of the document.
- Click delete or “backspace” to delete all the information on the header.
- Click anywhere on the document body section once finished.
How to Delete or Update Information in the Header
Using your browser version of Google Docs on your PC, this step-by-step guide will help on how you can delete or update the information in the header of a document.
- Open your Google Drive and select the document file you would wish to open in Google Docs to update or delete any information in the header from.
- Once the document is open, click on the header section located at the top part of the document.
- Then, delete the information you want to delete in the header or update it as you wish.
- You can then return to the body of the document by simply clicking in anywhere in the document body section of the document.
How to Delete a Header in Google Docs Using an Android Phone
Delete headers of a document in Google Docs using your Android phone by following these simple steps.
- Open the Google Docs app on your Android Phone.
- Select and open the document you wish to delete the header of.
- Then, tap on the “Pencil” icon at the bottom of the screen or the document to enable and start editing.
- Click on the Overflow Menu, the three dots lined vertically, at the top part of the screen.
- Then, hit the “Print layout” to enable.
- Now, click on the top part of the page or the header.
- If you want to delete the header entirely, highlight everything in the header. If you only wish to delete a portion of information in the header, only highlight the information you want to delete.
- The, click on the “backspace” key to delete the header or the information on the header you want to get rid of.
The header should be removed successfully, and you can hit back the body section to go back to the document of the body.
How to Delete a Header in Google Docs Using an iPhone or iPad
Related Topic: 5 Ways to Make Your WordPress Disable Comments Site Wide
Deleting document headers in Google Docs using your iPhone or iPad is also as easy when using an Android phone. Follow these simple steps to do so.
- Open the Google Docs app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Open the document you want to edit or delete the header of.
- Tap “Edit” by clicking on the pen icon usually located at the bottom part of the screen.
- In the top right of the screen, click on the Overflow Menu, the three dots lined horizontally.
- Then, hit the “Print Layout” to enable if still not turned on.
- Now, click on the top part of the page or the header section.
- Highlight everything in the header if you wish to delete the entire header. If you only want to delete a portion of information in the header, only highlight the information you want to get rid of or to change.
- Then, click on the “backspace” key to delete the header or the information on the header you want to get rid of.
Make sure that the “Print layout” mode was turned on. Otherwise, you wouldn’t be able to see and view as well as edit the header of the document.
How to Add Header in Google Docs
Once you have deleted the existing header of the document you are working on, you might want to add a brand new header. To do this simply, follow the steps outlined below.
- If your document is already open, go towards the top left portion of the screen and click on “Insert” then “Header and page number”.
- Choose “Header”.
- Enter the information you want to be placed in the header of the document you are working on.
If you wish to make the header on the first page of the document to the rest of the pages, check the “Different first-page header/footer” option. You can add various formatting in Google Docs, such as superscript in your header.
However, note that you can only make the header of the first page different from the headers of the rest of the pages and you cannot add a different header for every page of the document.
Deleting a header makes sure you get rid of the unnecessary and irrelevant information in your document, especially if you are only making use and editing old and used documents. You should be able to know how to delete headers in Google Docs whether you are using a computer, and Android phone, or an iPhone or iPad.